Our Family Support Worker Mrs Curry is here to offer support, advice, guidance and a listening ear to parents of the children at our school. This support can mean different things to different people.
Support can be offered to parents and carers with a wide range of issues such as; school attendance/lateness, school transition, behaviour management,
confidence building and parenting concerns.
Contact Mrs Curry
Nurturing Programme NEW DATES!
Support for Parents/Carers:
- One-to-one contact.
- Meetings in school or at home.
- Parent support groups.
- Drop-in sessions.
- Telephone contact.
- E-mail contact.
- Providing information about available help and support.
- Helping to gain access and support from outside agencies.
- Supporting parents/carers in multi-agency meetings.
- Holding regular coffee mornings so parents can meet up informally.
Support for Children:
- To continue to develop good relationships.
- To continue to meet their social and emotional needs.
- To continue to work directly with them on a 1:1 basis or in small groups.
- To listen to them and offer support.
- To provide support for children experiencing difficulties in school or at home.
- To extend the ELSA role to include nurture groups.
- To help with transition at any point, in both Year R, Year 6 and for all new entrants to our school.