SPLAT (Shamblehurst Parents, Learners and Teachers), formally known as FOSSA (Friends of Shamblehurst School Association), is a friendly group of Shamblehurst parents who organise fundraising for the school. We are assisted by friends, family, school staff and our local community and businesses. Money raised by SPLAT purchases the extra items that make a big difference to your child’s experience and education during their time at Shamblehurst.
We also run fun events for the children. There is a disco three times a year, and an annual film night. We run shops for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day where the children enjoy carefully choosing a present for mum and dad. We organise the Summer Fair which is always a fun day and greatly enjoyed by all.
SPLAT is committee run, with officers elected every year at our AGM in October. We have a constitution, which is a set of rules we follow. The committee oversee the organising of events to make sure they run smoothly. The SPLAT committee meets up regularly to brainstorm and plan what we can do to raise money for the school. We need new faces and fresh ideas to work with us organising events throughout the year. We would love to hear from you if you are interested in joining the committee. Please use the contact form below and select the subject SPLAT committee.
You might feel you don’t want to commit to regularly helping with SPLAT but there might be the occasional event you could help with. Join the SPLAT help bank and we will notify you of help we need with upcoming events and you can help if it’s convenient for you.
These are the kind of jobs we need help with:
- Collecting/ washing/ selling pre-loved school uniform
- Helping at the disco/ film night / Mother’s Day shop / Father’s Day shop
- Wrapping presents for Christmas
- Setting up/ selling raffle tickets/ running a stall/ packing away at the Summer Fair
To join the SPLAT help bank please use the contact form below and select the subject SPLAT help bank.
SPLAT is a registered charity. Our registration number is 113054. Full details can be viewed at the Charity Commission website.
Keep up to date with SPLAT news and events by liking our Facebook page.
What FOSSA/SPLAT has funded since 2016
- £5000 towards the Numicon Maths System – a hands-on, visual aid to support Maths learning
- £2000 towards visualisers – a vital tool for teachers
- £1000 towards new library books
- a magical reading chair for the Discovery Centre
- picnic benches so the children can enjoy eating outside
- storage and plants for the courtyard refurbishments
We work with the school who have a wish list of items they believe will enhance learning and fun. We are currently fundraising so we can contribute more money to the school library.