Wellbeing at Shamblehurst
Promoting Positive Wellbeing and Mental Health for the Whole School Community
Shamblehurst Primary School’s vision for mental health and wellbeing is a whole-school approach that ensures our whole school community (children, staff, parents and carers) are supported to thrive, succeed and achieve their potential. We aim to promote positive mental health and wellbeing and recognise how important this is to our lives in just the same way as physical health. We recognise that children’s mental health is a crucial factor in their overall wellbeing and can affect their learning and achievement.
Please click here to view our Shamblehurst Mental Health and Wellbeing Policy and Vision Statement
As a school we are undertaking the Wellbeing Award for Schools.
About the Wellbeing Award for Schools
There are eight objectives to achieve within the Wellbeing Award Framework, containing several Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) set out within each. The award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place that promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both staff and pupils.
The award will enable us to develop these practices where necessary and help us to ensure that wellbeing is embedded in the long-term culture of our school. It will help us to continue to ensure there is an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, we will demonstrate our commitment to:
- Promoting positive mental health as part of everyday school life
- Improving the emotional wellbeing of our staff and pupils
- Ensuring mental health difficulties are identified early and appropriate support is provided
- Offering provision and interventions that matches the needs of our pupils and staff
- Promoting the importance of mental health awareness
- Capturing the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues